Lionel Messi has become a household name and a force to reckon with in the world of football. He has been around for over a decade now, and as he turns 30, one would wonder how he made it this far.There have also been series of arguments about the Legend and His Rival Ronaldo as to whom was Better. The duo have set and broken records that might take time to surpass and Messi has done absolutely amazing. But before you go off singing his praises, here are 7 amazing facts about Messi.
1. Lionel Messi shares his birthplace – Rosario – with revolutionary Che Guevera
2. At 11, he was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency which was stopping his normal growth rate. His parents could not afford his treatment, which was 900 USD per month
3. Barcelona sporting director Carles Rexach was so impressed with Messi’s skills with the ball, that he offered to pay his medical bills and move his family to Spain and sign him when he was just 13. He first signed on a paper napkin as there were no sheets available at that moment
4. His international debut for Argentina lasted just 47 seconds when he received a red card after coming on as a substitute
5. He was once offered a chance to play for the Spanish national team but he said no
6. Messi is a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. He also works in support of people suffering from Fragile X Syndrome which is a kind of autism
So now you know more about the legend and can now comfortably educate others about Him. have more facts about Lionel? don’t hesitate to educate others using the comment section