Apart from being world’s richest man, many people knows little other details or facts about the founder of Microsoft. In this post we’d be telling you 7 Interesting Facts about Bill Gates
1. As a young teenager at Lakeside Prep School, Gates wrote his first computer program on a General Electric computer.
It was a version of tic-tac-toe, where you could play against the computer.
2. Once his school realized Gates’ proclivities for coding, they let him write the school’s computer program for scheduling students in classes.
He even slyly altered the code so he was placed in classes with a “disproportionate number of interesting girls.”
3. Like many other successful tech entrepreneurs, Gates was a college dropout.
He left Harvard University in 1975 to fully devote himself to Microsoft.
4. One of Gates’ biggest splurges, besides his plane, was the Codex Leicester, a collection of writings by Leonardo da Vinci.
He acquired the codex at a 1994 auction for $30.8 million.
5. Despite his immense wealth, Gates says his kids will only inherit $10 million each.
It’s just a fraction of his $81.1 billion net worth. “Leaving kids massive amounts of money is not a favor to them,” he says.
6. Gates doesn’t know any foreign languages.
That, he says, is his biggest regret in life thus far.
7. Gates says if Microsoft hadn’t worked out, he probably would’ve been a researcher for artificial intelligence.
But, despite his deep interest in AI, Gates says he is “in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence.” That camp also includes notable leaders in science in technology, including Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk.
8. He used to fly coach until 1997.
Now, he has his own plane. He calls that his “big splurge.”
Have any other facts about him you know? Please share it in the comment section