History as they say,”repeats itself”. But for the facts of today, we don’t think they’ll repeat cause some of them are quite funny and crazy at same time. Well cut the long grammar, here are 10 history facts of the day.
1. In 1893, Helga Estby walked across America to win a 10,000 dollars prize to save her home. When she finished, the sponsors refused to pay her out and then she returned home only to find two of her children dead and then she eventually lost her house. Stupid or wow?
2. The world record for the highest number ever counted belongs to Jeremy Harper. He counted to 1,000,000 and it took him up to three months to finish counting. He streamed the entire event online to raise money for a charity.
3. love Rap? well this is for you. Rap battles didn’t just start during the 2pac times, it has actually existed for a long time now. The concept has existed since the 5th century when poets would insult each other in verse. This act is also known as Flyting. Even the Norse god of mischief Loki at one time insulted other gods in verse.
4. Heard about an escaping cow? well here’s one. Emily the cow escaped from a Massachusett’s slaughter house some minutes before her turn to be slaughtered and wandered for 40 days thus eluding slaughter. She went on to live for 8 more years and died a natural death. Funny enough, she was even given a memorial on her grave. Isn’t that awwwwwn?
5. This one got me laughing.. The first president of Zimbabwe was President Banana. Due to the funny nature of his name, the citizens of the country used it to crack jokes until a law was passed forbidden citizens from making fun of his name
6. In 1993, when a military jet flew over a zoo in stockholm,Sweden, animals ate 23 of their babies, including 5 rare Siberian Cubs, as a protective response. Now isn’t that crazy
7. Be prepared, this one might get u cracking up. In 2013, two men from Chicago tried to rob a restaurant with a squirt gun but the owner told them he was too busy and to come back in an hour. Funny enough, they did come back and the police were waiting for them
8. ok this is quite cool.. A prisoner named Steven Jay Russell impersonated a prison guard just to walk out of prison. When he was recaptured, he impersonated a judge and paid his bail and then escaped the next capture by impersonating a doctor and then finally by faking his death. This pissed off the authorities and he was given a harsh sentence of 144 years. He could definitely have been of good use to the authorities, say the NSA
9. Now this is one crazy one. After being cremated, Tupac’s ashes was mixed with marijuana and smoked by his hip hop group OUTLAWZ. Crazy or not?
10. During the 2010 Fifa World Cup, octupus Paul was so precise in his predictions that the German fans issued him death threats and he had to be given state protection. Too much fuss for an octopus? well i don’t think so